Notices

WTF Are my options here ????

Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Dro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Are my options here ????

The diameter of the door speaker holes [bose trim] are 8.4" w/ a 9" driver or w/e ... so I call crutchfield [lol I was bored] and ask the guy what I should do, he looks some **** up for like 15 mins then tells me that he usually doesnt do this, but reccomends that I visit my local custom car audio installer /// wth ????

Anyways I dont play that "pay other ppl do work on mah ****" anymore [a recent decision] so what are my options here ? Im pretty much a novice, other than installing basic systems in my FC and FB ...

I searched for "door speakers" and "bose door" (thread titles) and got nothing of use, so yes, I am starting a new thread ... Im desperate.

Last edited by Dro; 06-19-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Deals on wheels

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know much about replacing fronts on the bose system and I don't know of anything bigger than an 8" that designed for anything except Subs... but this install was done a couple of days ago on here.. and I liked it.. maybe you can get ahold of him and he can help you figure out exactly what he did

https://www.rx8club.com/series-i-interior-audio-electronics-24/focals-jls-lc6-install-done-92208/

And don't be afraid to go into a local car audio shop and ask around about what they like and don't like. (an actual shop.. not best buy or something like that) I am good friends with a guy at my local shop although I do all my own work and order all my stuff off ebay. because it's just cheaper that way..
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Dro

THANKS !!!

Looks like I will start fabricating something. This should be fun !
Old 06-19-2006, 07:56 PM

You will need to fabricate new mounts for the door speakers. Actually I have a template for this. For more info drop me a PM. You are also going to want to check out my latest sticky thread on www.the12volt.com so you can see and understand how to get your new speaker wires past the molex in the door.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 PM

I should also point out that you can indeed put some real good components in those doors, anything up to a set of 8" speakers like the ones made by Morel or in the case of the 8 I did last (that just won best interior at the island show on the weekend), Focal 6.5" speakers. There is a thread started somewhere with pics on it, I have it at home and I'll post the link tonight for you.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Dro

Thanks a lot man, I actually read your sticky about molex yesterday, it was VERY informative and Im glad I read it before I got started wiring.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Also read my grounding sticky here on this forum as it definitely applies to you. IIRC, you can do the non drilling method in your vehicle as from memory there were a couple of large holes in the factory molex that allows wires to pass through with ease. I can always bring the customer back up here as well and take some more pics, it would be nice to have a pic of the customer, his 8 and his new trophy as well.