Notices
RX-8 Discussion General discussion about the RX-8 that doesn't fit in one of the specialty forums.

taillight question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taillight question

are there any other options other than the euro black look and are ebay parts reliable..im interested in the performance module on ebay ... Also I did a search and it seemed that the remote start wouldnt be an option does anyone know how to get around this...and is anyone willing to trade trunks..I have a stock spoiler on mine and want a different look...does anyone wanna trade..i wanna go for the flush mount an unused trunk so i can put my own... the color is winning blue

Last edited by p-trix; 01-04-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 AM
^noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.rx8club.com/showthread.p...0&page=2&pp=15
i think red looks pretty good on black, not sure how it would look on any other colors though

https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-multimedia-photo-gallery-6/my-white-rx8-blacked-out-tail-lights-front-sides-78787/
looks okay, again not sure how it would look on blue though

are ebay parts such as the performance module...
are what? worth anything? short answer... no
Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Metatron

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Modules....

The thing about those $20 "performance modules" on ebay, is that if someone is dumb enough to believe their claims, they are usually dumb enough to disregard any advise against buying and installing them.

Even then, they are not stupid enough to come here and ask us how to fix their rough running engine and make the check engine lights go away.

....though there HAVE been a couple who bought one, then had the ballz to complain that nobody here would show them the "right" way to chop it into their wiring!

(Why would the remote start not be an option for you? You just need an installer who will put one on a manual tranny car.)

S
Old 01-04-2006, 02:07 AM
I don't buy Kool-Aid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by p-trix
are there any other options other than the euro black look and are ebay parts reliable..im interested in the performance module on ebay ... Also I did a search and it seemed that the remote start wouldnt be an option does anyone know how to get around this...and is anyone willing to trade trunks..I have a stock spoiler on mine and want a different look...does anyone wanna trade..i wanna go for the flush mount an unused trunk so i can put my own... the color is winning blue

The remote start is an option. You cant buy a RX-8 with one unless it has been installed by the dealer and for me that is unheard of or someone trades in a there 8 with remote start.