Notices
Series I Tech Garage The place to discuss anything technical about the RX-8 that doesn't fit into any of the categories below.

Where do I go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I go?

Hello, I'm currently living in Northwest Ohio, and have no idea where to take my car to get a new exhaust installed (Borla). It's kind of rural here, so driving around and trying to find a place that just might happens to carry borla exhaust is slim to none. I looked on the internet, but was unsure what to type in in the search engine

I guess what I'm asking is, how would you go about searching for the right place to take my car? I know this isn't rocket science, but I want it done at a professional shop, and after poking around on the internet, I haven't found to much information. Any help? Thanks!

-Rupes
Old 09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would do it myself. But an mechanic should be able to do it its pretty easy.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Mmmmm... Rotary Donut

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rupes
Hello, I'm currently living in Northwest Ohio, and have no idea where to take my car to get a new exhaust installed (Borla). It's kind of rural here, so driving around and trying to find a place that just might happens to carry borla exhaust is slim to none. I looked on the internet, but was unsure what to type in in the search engine

I guess what I'm asking is, how would you go about searching for the right place to take my car? I know this isn't rocket science, but I want it done at a professional shop, and after poking around on the internet, I haven't found to much information. Any help? Thanks!

-Rupes
You're right - finding a shop that carries the RX8 Borla exhaust locally would be a lost cause. Your best bet (and cheapest) is to find an online vendor (look here: https://www.rx8club.com/vendor-forums-60/) that will ship it to you, and either tackle the job yourself (it's one of the easiest mods you can do, since the car is so new the bolts and nuts should still be easy to remove), or take it to any shop that does mufflers or exhaust work... it's an hour of labor at the most.

Good luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.