Notices
Group Buy Center Approved group buys ONLY. To become an approved group buy vendor - go here:
https://www.rx8club.com/payments.php

RR Motor Mount Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
crazyrussian

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Monday i get my car back from the dealer and ill get to try these mounts for the first time, hope i have some good feedback to bring back here

9krpm-you mentioned your dislike of rr mounts in another thread, was it because of the vibration or bad experience with RR?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 316 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8
Solid engine mounts cause a **** ton of NVH? That's just crazy, I would have never thought that would happen
Great Mod..

Why not change the diff mount also to solid, then you will have an almost solid connection with chassis..superb!..don't forget the ear plugs, then come back in a few thousand miles and lets us know how your tranny and diff are coping, the stuffed universal joints...more than likely stuffed (loose) engine cross-member and or front chassis frames.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 AM
SARX Legend

Received 452 Likes on 366 Posts
TX

Originally Posted by fio07
Monday i get my car back from the dealer and ill get to try these mounts for the first time, hope i have some good feedback to bring back here

9krpm-you mentioned your dislike of rr mounts in another thread, was it because of the vibration or bad experience with RR?
Solid mounts suck and are unnecessary. The vibration from solid mounts can and will eventually cause all kinds of issues. The updated stock mounts work perfectly, there is no need at all for a change from stock mounts if you are at stock power levels. Even then you can fill the stock mounts with urethane (search) if you want stiffer mounts. There are also a couple of other companies that make mounts too that are a better option in my opinion. But the stock mounts work fine for me, we will see how the urethane do with the extra power from the turbo.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 AM
RX n00b

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna see.....

I hope they settle first to lower the engine back down, and hopefully maybe the vibrations settle down too.

If not, I'll take the OEM mounts I removed and fill them with polyurethane and re-install them.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
crazyrussian

Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8
Solid mounts suck and are unnecessary. The vibration from solid mounts can and will eventually cause all kinds of issues. The updated stock mounts work perfectly, there is no need at all for a change from stock mounts if you are at stock power levels. Even then you can fill the stock mounts with urethane (search) if you want stiffer mounts. There are also a couple of other companies that make mounts too that are a better option in my opinion. But the stock mounts work fine for me, we will see how the urethane do with the extra power from the turbo.

Got my car from the dealer today, every time i start my car i about jizz from the sound she makes.. dam i love this car lol anyway, the mounts are actually not bad at all. There is very slight vibration and i notice it when I just release the clutch, my left mirror rattles.. The engine is raised a bit but the KN intake didn't suffer anything from that. My only concern is my RB header being too close to the floorboard.. Also, how would these mounts do on a 9-10 hr road trip..?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Finally a MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fio07
Got my car from the dealer today, every time i start my car i about jizz from the sound she makes.. dam i love this car lol anyway, the mounts are actually not bad at all. There is very slight vibration and i notice it when I just release the clutch, my left mirror rattles.. The engine is raised a bit but the KN intake didn't suffer anything from that. My only concern is my RB header being too close to the floorboard.. Also, how would these mounts do on a 9-10 hr road trip..?
How close is your RB header to the floorboard? I also have the RB header and that has been my worries about buying the mounts
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
crazyrussian

Originally Posted by lilring
How close is your RB header to the floorboard? I also have the RB header and that has been my worries about buying the mounts

1/4" maybe a hair more. I'm not feeling any extra heat but then I haven't raced it yet.