Notices
NE RX-8 Forum Serving ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, WV, MD, VA, OH

RICHMOND RX8s~~!

Old 12-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone see the front of the Business Section of the paper this morning? It's got a Philip Morris employee standing next to her new Velocity Red 8!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Rev Addict

Hahha, no I didn't! I will see if I can get my hads on it.

Good for publicity!!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Rev Addict

hands that is...not hads..hehhee
Old 12-15-2003, 04:32 PM

I agree...this time of year sucks with all the running around ....I've also got to run up to DC and Baltimore this weekend and perhaps a couple more times before year's end for Christmas and New Year's family gettogethers.

By the way, are you guys around here going for winter tires?....I've just ordered a set of wheels and tires from Tire Rack and I expect to have them on this week before I run up north. From what I've been reading here I wouldn't advise too much running around without them....especially running up north, Elara.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Rev Addict

I have been reading all the stuff about the tire debate. For the record...I belive snow tires will be good investment. But, I don't want to spend $1500 on tires and there be no snow. I would rather stay at home when it snows, I don't want salt on my paint either. I would rather take the money and buy the RE AMEMIYA stuff I have been dieing for. Sorry, I am going to have to be the grasshopper instead of the ant on this one. The exhaust and intake I want are 2k and I can use them all year round. U know VA winters can be hit or miss.

I also want to get a set of ADVAN NEOVA's for my 8. And I have to special order them from Japan and they will be expensive too.

So, I am deffinatly be the Grasshopper instead of the Ant this winter.

9-K Rever
Old 12-16-2003, 03:39 PM

I understand....it's 50/50 on our winter weather.....and I was torn about it too but decided since I had to run up north once or twice a month I would go ahead and get the wheels and tires as a long-term investment. I would hate to run up to the DC area and get caught by snow up there and not be able to drive back down. It did set me back $1500 but it helped to have Mazda pay for a 3rd with that Amex card.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Registered

Okay, saw a Sunlight Silver westbound 64 at 1:15 this afternoon, near the 295 exit- and then a Titanium eastbound 64 at about 3:45 near Glenside and Parham. Anyone?
Old 12-17-2003, 06:28 AM

Originally posted by Elara
Anyone see the front of the Business Section of the paper this morning? It's got a Philip Morris employee standing next to her new Velocity Red 8!
Here's the linky for anyone who missed it:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1045855934857

rx8cited

Last edited by rx8cited; 12-17-2003 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Rev Addict

Actuly, that woman in that artical lives in my complex. We park next to each other some times. The red 8 is a automatic..
Old 12-18-2003, 06:53 AM

Automatic! NEVER!
Wish they did not put the moon roof on all the GT's that 1 1/4 inch drop keeps me out of the car. So I am stuck at base model.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Rev Addict

WOW...I thought you would get more head room with the moon roof.. Just drive it Ace Ventura Style!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Turbo charge me!

Thought I would jump in since I got my RX at capital mazda in November. You can't miss me on the road!

Titanium GT with HOKI98 on the plates

For any onf you that have tinted your windows let me know where you think is the best place that will actually make them nice and dark.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 04:34 PM

Hey Tick, I think we met earlier today at Elliott's Tire.....at the time I couldn't recall where I had mine tinted.....it was at CARRS on Broad Street, but as I told you they wouldn't go darker than the legal limit. The one place that would wanted quite a bit more to do it ..... they are also on Broad (a popular rims and sounds shop) but the name continues to escape me. If I go by the shop I'll let you know.....xr8tee.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Turbo charge me!

Thanks for this info xr8tee. I think I am going to skip the winter wheels and just drive the 1.7 miles to and from work and use the wife's SUV for any other travel when it snows. I checked on tire rack and I think that $1400 is a bit much for whels I will probably only need for one winter since I am moving south next year. The manager at Elliot gave me a card for bobs tinting. I think they will go a little darker but im not sure. Thanks for the info!

Posting a pic of my 8 to see how it turns out
Old 12-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Rev Addict

Okay guys I need to gripe for just a minute...

Okay, I live in downtown Richmond. I pay $50 bucks a month to keep my 8 nice and safe in a enclosed garage free from the elements and passer bys... Now how about I came down the other morning on my way to work to find my 8 coverd in POWERDED CONCREAT AND DRY WALL DUST. They were doing constuction on the garrage and they didn't notify anyone to move their cars. Keep in mind there is a nice array of cars there, a Porshe 911, a 350 Z a red 8 and some more stuff..and they were all coverd in that crap! Boy was I pissed! I didn't have time to bitch about it to the management and I don't want to take my car to some crappy car wash and have them scratch up my paint. Concours on west broad is booked up and its too blinking cold out there to wash my my 8 myself...ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

Sorry guys, I just had to share my pain.

9-K Rever
Old 12-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

have you zaino'd it? If you have, and you've got some Z6, spray it on and use a good quality towel to get it off. I got attacked by a flock of seagulls last week, and just wiped everything off. The Z6 is amazing. You just ahve to make sure you use a clean part of the towel every time.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Rev Addict

No, I have to say I don't have the time for that. I usualy drop my car off at Concours and let them babey it. They use waz not Zaino. I have to say, I still don't trust Zaino. I will wait for long term reports. Ploymers that bind to paint may have issues in the long run. So, I will stick to traditional wax at least for the first 2 years of my 8's life. I have to get out there in the madness now to do my XMAS shopping, so if you all see a GREY RX8 out about town today, you know who it is.

9-K Rever
Old 12-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Registered

I'm kinda the opposite- I don't trust anyone to clean the car but me. I let Envisions wash it once, AFTER I zainoed it, thank god, and there were tiny fine scratches all over the polish. The next coat of zaino nixed them all. I'd normally be a little wary of something like Zaino, but they've been around for a while now, and it's about 10X easier to use than wax, and the car looks great and holds the shine a lot longer. Instead of 8 hours with the wax, I can do three coats of Zaino in about 5 hours.

We just finished this morning's Christmas shopping- still have to go tomorrow again, but we've got two parties this afternoon.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Rev Addict

Elara...I just a couple of minutes ago its about 11:15pm now on the way back down town I saw a TITANIUM 8 crossing Brook Road and Pharam headed past villa park..

My first 8 siteing since the summer.

No..don't take your car to Envisions. Concours is the only place where you should trust your car to get detailed in RICHMOND. They have been around for YEARS all the dealers take there specialty cars there to get detailed. The have a work bay with hig intesity lights so every little scratch shows up plain as day. They are THE BEST detailers in town. I had three weird scratches on the hood of my 8 just appear...I took it there they buffed it out and wile waxing my 8 they took black touch up paint and coverd in all my rock chips and then buffed them smooth. They do a AMAZEING job, and the wax they use last for 6 months if you wash with micro-fiber towles and ZYMOL car wash.

Oh, and on another happy note, I found THE BEST TOUCHLESS CAR WASH IN RICHMOND. Three of my friends and I went today, it was cool a BLUE WRX, WHITE EVO 8 and a BLACK 8 all together. The wash was great the place is off of pump road. I will post more details later, it did a great job of cleaning the dirt off.

9-K Rever
Old 12-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Rev Addict

I think I saw O2BNIT today on broad..traveling west bound towords insbrook..black RX8 no front licence plate and a spoiler..

I honked but, I was going in the opposite direction..
Old 12-21-2003, 04:43 PM

Nope....that wasn't me....though I'm often along Broad....I have no spoiler....that must be the other black 8 I told you about in the Innsbrook neighborhood....it does have a spoiler.

Hey, about that concrete/drywall dust on your car.....I hope you raised a little hell with your management. They should be made aware that's not the way to treat your property....they should at least offer to pay for the car wash.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Turbo charge me!

Well I thihnk I got the lemon RX8 in Richmond! I have had several issues with the car and just this Saturday night the clutch started making a nasty grinding noises grrrr. I still only get like 13 MPG and they had to replace my stearing wheel, indicator panel, gauge cowling, smoothed my rim for a horrible clunking noise, and soon to fix my clutch. Also when I brought the car for service at Capitol Mazda they left a greasy finger print on the interior grey cloth abover the door. Just thought I would see if any of you have had any issues with your 8 from capitol.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Rev Addict

Originally posted by xr8tee
Nope....that wasn't me....though I'm often along Broad....I have no spoiler....that must be the other black 8 I told you about in the Innsbrook neighborhood....it does have a spoiler.

Hey, about that concrete/drywall dust on your car.....I hope you raised a little hell with your management. They should be made aware that's not the way to treat your property....they should at least offer to pay for the car wash.
Not yet, but they will get a ear full on Monday. I thought I should cool down before I went to them. The mood I was in when it happend wouldn't have done much to make the situation better.

I was fit to be tied.

Ahhhh, okay. I have been driving up and down broad on purpose this weekend to see if I could catch any of ya on the road. I usuly avoid broad like the black plauque. But, do to my efforts I have seen to RX8's. So that was cool.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Rev Addict

Originally posted by TheTick
Well I thihnk I got the lemon RX8 in Richmond! I have had several issues with the car and just this Saturday night the clutch started making a nasty grinding noises grrrr. I still only get like 13 MPG and they had to replace my stearing wheel, indicator panel, gauge cowling, smoothed my rim for a horrible clunking noise, and soon to fix my clutch. Also when I brought the car for service at Capitol Mazda they left a greasy finger print on the interior grey cloth abover the door. Just thought I would see if any of you have had any issues with your 8 from capitol.

Thanks

Ahh, damn dude.. There are always defective units in every new model line. I am sorry it has to be yours. Make sure you complain about every issue and follow the proper lemmon law proccedures.

I have been following a thread on the forum that pertains to horrible gas milage and ECU reflashes. I have noticed I am getting only 160 miles to to the tank now. It wasn't like that before. Some one said they took it to there dealer and they said the car was stuck in perpetual cold start mode and the reflash fixed it. From what I have read the gas milage only increased by 2-3 miles per gallon.

So, I am thinking of takeing to Cap Mazda to check that out. Besides that I have gotten nothing but steller treatment from Cap Mazda. Free oil for the road and all.

But, it can wait to the new year. I have a feeling there is going to be a change done to the 8 first quarter next year. Just a gut feeling.

9-K Rever
Old 12-21-2003, 06:29 PM

Damn, Tick......I'm taking mine in tomorrow to them for the engine light staying on....I suspect a loose gas cap...can't seem to get it to stay firmly closed.....at least that's my thinking for the light being on. I'll keep a close eye on them....sorry you're not having a great time with your 8.

I just had it there on Friday to remove a busted lug nut on a wheel (the wheel lock broke into several pieces while trying to remove it at Elliott's). That was my first visit for service since I bought the car there in August.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RICHMOND RX8s~~!